Height is dependent upon various factors. Right from genes, hormonal changes, body growth, and many other factors influence the height of an individual. It’s not bad to be short. But, we often feel insecure regarding our height. Wondering if I had been 6ft tall. Read some information about stretches to make you taller.
Stretches To Make you Taller
Certain stretches will certainly increase your height. If you do these stretches regularly and especially at the time of your growth age. Then it would give you positive results. So, here’s a list of the 12 best stretches, doing which your height will be increased.
12 Best stretches to increase your height
- Forward bend: Forward bend is one of the most common and famous stretches to increase one’s height. First, stand straight and stretch your hands straight in the air. Now, slowly bring them down till the point your hands touch your toes. But, this should be done without bending your knees. Now, you need to be in this position for 30 seconds. Repeat this stretch 10 times.
- Bar hanging: Bar hanging is one of the most effective stretches to increase your height. Though the results are not evident on the spot. But with time, you will see the changes. Doing bar hanging will decrease the low vertebrae pull and will put more pressure on the lower torso. And, for this, you just need a strong 7 ft above the bar.
- Cobra stretch: Cobra stretch is also known as Bhujangasana in yoga. Performing this asana will improve the growth of cartilage between the vertebrae as well as improve better nutrient absorption and oxygen circulation in the body. While performing this stretch you need to be in position for 30 seconds. You need to perform this stretch 4 times.
Best Stretching Exercises To Increase Height Quickly
- Wall stretch: It is not as easy as it looks. You need to lay your hands flat, then bring your right foot forward and left backward. With heels flat and knees slightly bending. This posture should look like leaning on the wall and you should stretch your legs backward as much as possible.
- Dry Land swimming: Dry land swimming is also termed alternate kicking. This stretch aims at the alternate movement of leg-hand just like a freestyle stroke. Performing this stretch focuses on the lower back and thigh muscles.
- Pelvic Lift: By performing lift posture it will improve the back body cells. Lay more stretch on the back muscles and hamstrings of your legs. Not only this will help you to increase your height but has other benefits too. It will remove all the negative effects of wrong sitting posture, and make your booty round. So, it’s worth adding exercise to your list.
- Forward spine stretch: It’s a good stretch to improve your spine articulation. And, we all know how we are forced to perform this stretch as children in our PT classes. you should perform this 3-4 times, each for 15 seconds.
- Pilates roll over: It’s a great way of stretching your spine. Doing Pilates roll-over will not only stretch your spine in your neck but also provide great support to your upper body. Although it may seem to you like a difficult exercise, it’s worth doing.
Get Taller: Easy Workouts Increase Your Height
- Side stretch: By performing side stretch, it will elongate your muscles, and strengthen the intercostal muscles. And thereby increases your height. Performing this posture regularly, 10 times daily will provide you with your desired results.
- Low Lunge Arch: It is one of the effective techniques to increase your height. It starts with releasing tension in your hips. Then stretch your hamstrings, groin, and quads. Adding to this it strengthens your knees and finally in whole improves your height.
- Single leg hopping: With fun and no ease you can increase your height. So, by performing single leg hopping, it will increase your abdominal muscles and thereby strengthens and increases your height.
- Tadasana Mountain Pose: By performing this mountain pose, it will lay more impact on your back posture. It expands your core by releasing stress on the upper body. And, thereby increases your height by making you taller.
Therefore to conclude, genes are not in your hands. Which you can change. But, one thing which you can do is stretch your body as much as possible. Doing exercises and staying fit. Because, in general, it will improve your whole-body posture. So here we discussed some stretches to make you taller.