Essential Oils for Lip Balm:- Mostly essential oils are used in aromatherapy but the benefits and uses of essential oils are unlimited. As name suggests essential oils are form of essence extracted from plants, this is the undiluted form and therefore used with one or combination of carrier oils.
Essential oils can prove extremely beneficial if used in beauty and skincare products. These days essential oils are used in making face washes, moisturisers, facemasks and lip balms etc. We will tell you the various essential oils for lip balms and their advantages. Read our best blogs on justinder.
Best Essential Oils for Lip Balm
There are many essential oils for lip balm which can be used for various purposes and effects such as orange or lemon used for lightening dark lips, strawberry or lavender used for supple lips etc. Each essential oil has specific properties works on different concerns.
- Rose Oil – We all want rosy pink lips and what can be better than rose essential oil to have soft, supple pink lips. Mixed with coconut oil if rose essential oil is used in lip balms, it can lighten dark lips due to smoking or other factors. It can also heal cracked, chapped and dry lips by providing a smooth texture to the lips. Also rose essential oil has a heavenly beautiful smell so that make it a win win in lipbalms.
- Lavender Oil – the Lavender oil is popularly known for its calming and soothing properties. Lavender oil smells like a dream and helps in calming irritated skin. This Lavender oil gives beautiful results if used in lip balm. This helps in healing peeled and cracked lips. It works like a charm in soothing and healing lips and making them supple. 2-3 drops of lavender oil mixed with coconut oil or jojoba oil can be applied on lips to treat worse conditions such as bleeding from cracked lips.
- Peppermint Oil – If we look at ingredients of chap sticks and lip glosses peppermint oil is present in list. This oil contains soothing and cooling properties because menthol is an active ingredient in this oil. Peppermint essential oil in lip balm can be used to treat dry lips due to sun burn or windy weather. It calms the lips and gives cooling sensation and repairs the skin. Peppermint oil is also useful in making lips soft and supple. Mixed with any carrier oil of your choice 2 drops of peppermint oil are enough to hydrate and rejuvenate your lips.
DIY Essential Oils for Lip Balm
- Vanilla Oil – Vanilla is known for its extremely lavishing fragrance but vanilla essential oil can be used in lip balm to protect lips from dryness and peeling. Vanilla is a storehouse of goodness; it restores natural moisture of lips and make lips look plump and hydrated. Vanilla essential oil is very common ingredient in lip balms, chap sticks and lip-glosses. Moreover, it’s also used in lipsticks of any texture be it bullet lipstick or liquid or mousse texture lipstick. Vanilla essential oil is also used due to its uplifting and soothing fragrance.
- Frankincense Oil – Frankincense oil is well known for its conditioning properties. It is used in lip balms to make your lips naturally hydrated and fuller without any lip gloss. Frankincense oil conditions the skin of lips and removes dead layer of skin from lips and helps in lightening pigmented lips. It helps in correcting damages caused due to regular makeup application.
- Chamomile Oil – Chamomile is a magical ingredient and has multiple benefits for enhancing beauty as well as health. This essential oil can be used in lip balm for soothing peeled lips or swelling due to excessive cracked lips. Chamomile oil contains anti-inflammatory properties which helps in calming down the pain and provide moisture to lips.
These are the essential oils for lip balms which can be used by alone or mixed in various combinations to treat the lips and make them soft, supple and naturally pink.